Desert Fox Clan home page
Desert Fox Clan Forums
Return to DFC site | Forums Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RSS Feed

Portal is FREE on Steam

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bean
Post Farm0r

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Portal is FREE on Steam Reply with quote

Okay, at last Steam is also available on Mac and they are giving away Portal for PC and Mac to celebrate.

And next up the Valve games are coming to the Mac, with cross-platform play with Windows...but best of all these are "SteamPlay" games, so once bought for Windows, they are also available for Mac for no extra cost. So L4D2 on Mac is high on my list of things to try...

http://store.steampowered.com/freeportal/

Quote:
Portal used to cost money. Until May 24th, it's free. End of story.

Well, technically speaking, there are some strings attached. Fortunately, they're entirely decorative. We just like the way they look, swaying in the gentle breeze created by a million people simultanously fainting from shock at the news that Portal is free. Now you have no reason not to try Portal.

"I have a reason," some of you are probably typing into an angry email. "You see, sir, I own a Mac."

Well guess what: For the first time ever, Portal is also available for the Mac.

"Capital news! But the excellent puzzle adventure Portal won over 40 Game of the Year awards; Surely it must cost at least five or six hundred dollars."

You'd think that, especially since it actually won over 70 Game of the Year Awards. But, like we keep saying, Portal is free. Free on the Mac. Free on the PC. But only until May 24th. So you only have a few days to decide if your free copy of Portal is worth the price we're currently charging - which is you ever-so-slightly moving your index finger just barely enough to click the big red "download" button right there to the left.
Mesmer
Post Farm0r

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, well worth stocking up on your 2nd, 3rd, 4th accounts etc.

Most ppl will have it on their primary account as I think we all got the Orange Box for TF2 when it came out.

I'm quite looking forward to the CS:Source update that is currently in beta. I wonder if mod developers have access to achievements too, eg some in GunGame would be great.
Bean
Post Farm0r

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There does appear to have been some shady communications from Valve :-

Quote:
"Steam Play allows you to purchase your games once and play anywhere. Whether you have purchased your Steam Play enabled game on a Mac or PC, you will be able to play on the other platform free of charge."

But now that it is out, that only applies to some games :-

Quote:
"If you previously owned any of the games listed here prior to May 12th, 2010, you will have access to them on both Mac and PC. Games not on the list currently do not qualify for cross-platform support if purchased prior to previously mentioned date."
Bean
Post Farm0r

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pah...and to really rub it in, they won't even let me buy the the new licence for Civ 4 that would let me play on PC and Mac as I already bought the PC version on Steam so it comes up with a "You already bought it" - piece of shit !!
Bean
Post Farm0r

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and you need to be set up as an Administrator on the computer just to run the Steam client. Valve don't know what they are doing on the Mac.
Wij
Post Farm0r

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesmer
Post Farm0r

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rofl - that's class Wij Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Desert Fox Clan Forum Index -> Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: