Desert Fox Clan home page
Desert Fox Clan Forums
Return to DFC site | Forums Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RSS Feed

BF3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AngryDaz
Post Farm0r

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:04 pm    Post subject: BF3 Reply with quote

Well, I don't give a toss about those whirly things that Trebz likes but having watched this...

http://kotaku.com/5809191/battlefield-3s-tank-battles-will-blow-your-damn-socks-off?tag=battlefield3

I'm thinking that BF3 at BobLan Fall may be a must if it's out in time. However, I wonder, has anyone preordered to make sure they get Wake Island?
Bean
Post Farm0r

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out 28th October.

"Pre-orders of the Limited Edition of the game grant access to a DLC pack called "Back to Karkand", to include four maps and several weapons and vehicles brought over from Battlefield 2. The maps from the expansion pack will be: Strike at Karkand, Gulf of Oman, Wake Island and Sharqi Peninsula. Leaks from EA indicate that the pack will become available for general purchase after one month.

In the UK, a limited edition of Battlefield 3 called the "Physical Warfare Pack" is being sold at select retailers. The pre-order features exclusive access to weapons and items, including a light machine gun, sniper rifle accessory, and armor-piercing ammunition. Also included is launch day access to the DAO-12 semi-automatic shotgun, which other players can unlock through game play, as well as the "Back to Karkand" map pack"

Problem is it is not showing as available on Steam yet, and I only buy my games via Steam, as I tend to lose them for physical copies. It is available through EA's new Origin store, but given how crappy their previous store was (only has rights to download for 1 year from purchase, for example) I am reluctant to buy from there unless I know it is the same model as Steam.

http://store.origin.com/store/eaemea/en_GB/home/ThemeID.850300/ccRef.en_US

Last edited by Bean on Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
Bean
Post Farm0r

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://support.ea.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5291/~/origin-frequently-asked-questions

Quote:
Q: Will my game download ever expire?

A: Digital download rights remain available for at least one year after purchase. Origin typically doesn't retire games, and we've only retired around 10 of the 150 games we sell, and these have generally been because of the expiration of licensing rights. If you come across an issue, simply contact Origin Help and we'll reconfigure things for you.

So, probably okay but no guarantees (which in reality is no different than Steam).

Last edited by Bean on Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bean
Post Farm0r

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is available on http://www.direct2drive.com so probably will arrive on Steam
AngryDaz
Post Farm0r

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll preorder the boxed version. I can't be bothered with Origin. Although you'll probably have to install that to get at it I would guess much like Steam a few years ago.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Desert Fox Clan Forum Index -> Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: