Desert Fox Clan home page
Desert Fox Clan Forums
Return to DFC site | Forums Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RSS Feed

Ha, I knew I wasn't going insane.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
quatoria
Clansman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:25 pm    Post subject: Ha, I knew I wasn't going insane. Reply with quote

For those that know I argue how shit windows 7 is on my rig, and all you nay sayers that say it was me and that you lot had no problems.

Well there is a real problem even MS admit to.,

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprohardware/thread/3aae3b66-6a1a-47e8-ad1b-b20b68eaecf8/

64bit windows 7 on an nvidia usb driven motherboard with 4+ Gb of RAM. Which is mine as it happens.

So I am right in hating the crappy software and it >>>> IS <<<< MS to blame or rather their USB core team.

And on the technet support forum I am having the same problem with others in that the hotfix doesn't work, saying "I do not need this upgrade" gotta love MS.

On the plus side if and when I buy a new PC it will let me get USB 2 again. Smile
Wij
Post Farm0r

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.linuxmint.com/edition.php?id=79
Bean
Post Farm0r

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was fixed in Noember 2009 by a hotfix
quatoria
Clansman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah but as i mentioned at the bottom, that hot fix "doens't need to be applied to my machine." which is a common error. Partly because I use firefox (not cured if I use IE) and partly because of the windows build. I am still waiting for windows Answers to do something (I know, long wait)
Bean
Post Farm0r

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: Ha, I knew I wasn't going insane. Reply with quote

quatoria wrote:

So I am right in hating the crappy software and it >>>> IS <<<< MS to blame or rather their USB core team.

But when we actually sat down and looked at this it was because you hadn't installed your chipset drivers - which fixed it. Drivers are the responsibility of the hardware manufacturers to produce and the responsibility of the owner of the PC to install...MS have the least blame here. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Desert Fox Clan Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: